February 25, 2014

Never Forget, you are not alone!

I went to two years of college before I came on my mission. My first few semesters weren't difficult for me to adjust, or have fun. I had great roommates, good classes and good friends.

I remember during the summer time, I was going to stay at school and work full time. All my current friends, including my best friend, were leaving for home. I decided to move to a new apartment complex to try something new.

I joined an apartment with all new faces. I was shy, and I felt alone.

I had never felt so empty. I was filled with confusion, and everyday, all I wanted to do was to cry.
I submitted to watching movies in all my free moments.

Then, one day. I was having a low. I decided to pull out my scriptures. I began to read. As I read, I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude for my Savior, Jesus Christ.

He suffered for me.
He died for me.

Not only did he suffer all the pains of the world, he suffered his own pains. On the night of his suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, he went through it, completely alone. Not only that, but he was betrayed by one of his dearest friends.

I felt a sense of strength in that moment. I realized, that Christ had already paid the price of my pains. He could lift me up!

He can lift you up. No matter where you are in life. He can help you. He loves you more than you can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment